Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Take a look around and I hope you enjoy and feel free to contact me!

Thursday 26 August 2010

Bonjour! Cava?




Hello my fellow bloggers. It has been sometime since posting anything on this little creative space which can be recognised as very lazy.

But I assure you that I have been busy since my last post. Firstly was the final push for my degree, then degree show, New Blood in London, Graduation, and the hunt for a job. Exhausting stuff.

For my final degree project, I chose the subject of the South Korean Economic Miracle as my focus. To me, I find information fascinating. This inspires my work and feeds my imagination. Making seemingly boring subject matter into something quite extraordinary and wondrous is a passion. By making information accessible to anyone, it allows everyone to be educated and enlightened about different aspects of life, time and history that may have been previously overlooked.

A Map is not only a geographical document; it is a relic of time and history. Maps are an effective use of displaying information; a work of art, which reflect the culture, beliefs and the aesthetics of the time. To stay relevant, maps must adhere to contemporary culture to suit the modern day audience. The South Korean Economic Miracle is a pivotal point in Korean history that has shaped a generation. The representation of this event in history has lacked the vitality the narrative deserves. Thus, I have ‘mapped’ the story of the South Korean Economic Miracle in a format that suits its modern audience and shows the miracle in the true light it desires.

To see my work please follow this link:

http://www.elements2010.co.uk/Charlotte_Cooper.html

Photography and photographic tricks are becoming an increasing focus in my work, and I am definitely going to focus on this in the future, keep your eyes peeled!

But for now I will leave you live some pictures of my work.

All images and products are Copyright Charlotte Cooper 2010

No comments: